Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Monument Valley

This morning, we had breakfast at the cafe and walked to the San Juan river. 


A quick jaunt down the highway brought us to Monument Valley. 

It is a Navajo Nation park and only $20 a car.  With the exception of the 3 iconic spires, you can drive all through the park.  It was $20 well spent.  We spent hours there and it was needed.  With as spacious as the park is, I never felt over crowded.  I did marvel at how rushed the international tourists were.  Why would you speed through something as magnificent as Monument Valley? 

Yesterday my mom fussed at me for standing at the edge.  Today, a little old French man fussed at me.  I didn't understand a word he was saying, but panic is international.  

Look closely, horseback riders.

Mike was telling my dad about a plane crash site he found.

I handed Mike the camera.  He asked why.  I said because I'm about to piss you off and proceeded to jump on a boulder.
We loaded back into the truck and made our way back to the visitors center.




It was a wonderful short trip.  The painted desert will always be my favorite.  Can't wait to go back. Next time, I think we'll drag Mike's parents along. 




No comments:

Post a Comment