Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Boyce Thompson Arboretum

My parents came for their annual vacation to Arizona.  We've bee-bopped around town most of this week.  After a brief errand this morning, I took them to the Boyce Thompson Arboretum in Superior, AZ.  Mike and I have driven by it dozens of times on our bike adventures and camping trips.  I knew it would be a great place to take my foliage loving mom.

It was breezy (border-lining on windy) and sunny.  We lucked out that it didn't get hotter than 82 degrees.  However, there were two bus loads of screaming preteens there.  Thankfully they didn't effect our stay very much.

The plants were beautiful and the weather cooperated. It was a nice light "hike" through the grounds.








The bees and humming birds were everywhere.  The bees cooperated a bit more than the humming birds, but I managed a few photos.




At the lake, a small lizard sunned itself on the tiles.










Finally at the end of our self guided tour, a humming bird was close enough to me that I got a few shots of him.  Fast little bugger.  Too bad he was in full shade.



It was a nice relaxing way to spend a day with my folks.  Now we're all crashed out on the couch.  After all, what are vacations for?

No comments:

Post a Comment